Thursday, May 3, 2007

some w.i.p.s

the (blurry) results of my quick craft from yesterday. i envision some more earrings and a necklace on the horizon.

i'm in the process of making a few baby sets for some new wee ones to this world. the set includes a quilted patchwork bib, a pair of reversible booties, and a knitted burp cloth. i will also add a pair of earrings for the mamas.



to keep them all together, i'm going to borrow an idea from Tennen Seikatsu, one of my favorite magazines.

this little drawstring bag should be hold the sets quite nicely. i'll use the same material i used for the patchwork on the bib for the little stripe that holds the drawstring.

and speaking of mothers, next sunday is the calendar date for mother's day. i am making lotta's oven mitt and an apron of my own design using canvas and these three printed fabrics for my mom and mother-in-law.

for nico and myself, i have plans for a sling. i'll dye the canvas and use the tracy porter duck canvas for the interior.

and after visiting joann's, i decided to poke my head into michael's next door to check out the much touted martha line. it is very nice and well-packaged and there are some things i will keep in mind. i went ahead a bought the alphabet cards to put up on sebastian's wall. he picked out these rad stickers. i like the robot especially.

and just some additions to my growing stockpile. more of the alexander henry pink fabric plus some super colorful cotton that reminds my of a polyester blouse my grandmother once wore, in a good way.

next time, i hope to be back with some finished projects to share.
xo

No comments: